Thursday, September 15, 2011

Where We Currently Stand on Boston Harbor and Ocean Cleanliness


I’m Colleen and I believe that all oceans should be clean be healthy for the animals living in them. It has been a huge issue lately in my area where beaches have been closed due to bacteria and I find it hard that we cannot do more about it. I found that the Marine Life Management Act has tried to do the best job they can on keeping the oceans clean. This policy allows only sustainable uses of the ocean and things such as non-fishing areas. I think that it is the community’s job to do the best they can to join projects and help out the oceans and marine life!

  I’m Maggie. I find The Marine Life Management Act of 1998 to be sufficient in protecting the oceans. I think that it’s very important to protect Boston Harbor and keep it clean. Boston Harbor is very close to us and keeping it clean should be a priority for us all! The Marine Life Management Act of 1998 states that it, “Recognizes that successful management is a collaborative process that requires participation of all those who will be most affected by management decisions.” It is very important that everyone takes part in ocean cleanliness and safety.

Hi, my name’s Lauren Helinski and I strongly believe the Boston Harbor and other local oceans are a big part of our lives and should be kept clean. Since our summers have become hotter, the beaches have become more crowded. This is important to keep in mind while thinking about the dangers of a dirty ocean and Harbor. I think that this idea gets overlooked while thinking about pollution. I feel like if people were more aware of the dirty water surrounding us then they would take more action in cleaning up the pollution, not just on dry land. I support the National Ocean policy Coalition, which is an organization that, “supports and enhance basic research that will give us a better understanding of the oceans and their ecosystems so that better informed decisions can be made about their use.”

No comments:

Post a Comment